The view, as you can see, is gorgeous, and the hike itself is the most demanding man-made trail I've ever seen. But what's really amazing is the people that work there every day, carrying tired hikers up or down the mountain on chairs, and ferrying supplies in and garbage out. After a certain point (maybe 4 hours up) there are no more roads, and the workers do not use cable cars. They walk. And there isn't much of a difference between "down" and "up" - the stairs go up and down and up and down...... Today I got a 2-hour massage for my sore muscles. I know that if you work there, you get used to climbing those stairs every day, but it still looks like a tough job. So hats off to them :)
23.6.07
The yellowest mountain ever!
The view, as you can see, is gorgeous, and the hike itself is the most demanding man-made trail I've ever seen. But what's really amazing is the people that work there every day, carrying tired hikers up or down the mountain on chairs, and ferrying supplies in and garbage out. After a certain point (maybe 4 hours up) there are no more roads, and the workers do not use cable cars. They walk. And there isn't much of a difference between "down" and "up" - the stairs go up and down and up and down...... Today I got a 2-hour massage for my sore muscles. I know that if you work there, you get used to climbing those stairs every day, but it still looks like a tough job. So hats off to them :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment